Monday 19 December 2011

Outstanding in the Field

I haven't blogged in a long while...so much has happened, the biggest thing being I started a new job which I love. But what also came with this was a major lack of time - and i stopped finding time for blogging among other things that constituted as "me" time. It's so easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of everyday life and forget to take moments to just be....

The other day I suddenly decided to look at my blog and read through some of my posts. It made me smile to remember what i'd been thinking all those months ago, and all the wonderful things that i'd found to post on here. So I decided to start blogging again, because it gives me an outlet to put my thoughts down and share wonderful things!

So today i'd like to share this gorgeous project I just read about called 'Outstanding in the Field'.

Their mission is to re-connect diners to the land and origin of their food, and to honor the local farmers and food artisans.

Outstanding in the Field is a culinary adventure - literally a restaurant without walls. Since 1999 they have set the long table at farms or gardens, on mountain tops or in sea caves, on islands or at ranches. Occasionally the table it set indoors: a beautifully refurbished barn, a cool greenhouse or a stately museum.

Wherever the location, the consistent them of each dinner is to honour the people whose good work brings nourishment to the table. Ingredients for the meal are almost all local and generally prepared by a celebrated chef of the region.

 I think this concept is so beautiful! It's so endlessly diverse with the range of chefs, ingredients and places it can happen and is a wonderful way of celebrating different ways of eating. I also love eating outside, so to get to experience dining against these magnificent backdrops is spectacular.

.
Check out their website: http://outstandinginthefield.com

No comments:

Post a Comment