Wednesday 23 February 2011

Need Summer Now


It's about that time of year again where the novelty of my winter wardrobe has worn off, the snow doesn't seem quite so exciting anymore, and morning after morning of waking up to darkness is getting slightly depressing. It's safe to say I get bored of seasons; at the end of every summer I crave my big woolly jumpers, my warm Ugg boots, and cosying up on a big couch with a steaming mug of hot chocolate. Come the end of every winter i.e. NOW, I crave the opposite; my floaty pretty summer dresses with gladiator sandals and lots of colourful jewellery like in the photo below, and spending long blue sky days out in the sunshine in the park with my Caramel Coffee Frappuccino.



On my summer wardrobe wish list are these gorgeous items from Asos:


Digging the 70's trend with these high waisted shorts from Mango. 


A floral floaty dress is always a summer must!


I adore this skirt - giving some edge to your summer wardrobe!

Lastly, I saw this ad the other day from the Monsoon SS11 ad. I think it's a gorgeous shot and incidentally the perfect photo to end my post. Bring on the summer!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! I love your picks from ASOS! You should come to Hawaii :-) xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! i am right there with you. i can't wait to throw on sandals and shorts and a big floppy hat. i can't wait for passion tea lemonades and picnics in the sunshine! i can't wait for summer! sigh... :) i LOVE that floral dress you posted here. so pretty! and thank you SO much for your sweet comment today. it's so much easier to be honest about personal struggles when there's such a supportive community of people in blogland like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's 'summer' here right now, but it's crazy cold so I know exactly what you mean! I really like the dress, it's so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your lovely comments girls! i couldn't resist, i bought the floral dress and it's just as beautiful on as in the picture!

    ReplyDelete