Tuesday 15 March 2011

Japan


What has happened and is happening in Japan right now is almost too tragic to comprehend. On Friday I watched the events unfold with horror, but at the same time I was unable to tear my eyes away from this powerful act of nature. It made me consider how powerless we humans actually are. In the blink of an eye everything can be swept away and destroyed by something beyond the power of man.

In the worst of times I am always in awe of how people come together to help by any means possible. Whilst most of us cannot physically do anything to help rebuild the parts of Japan that have been devastated, or the lives that have been shattered, there is always a way to contribute something. Give a donation to one of the many websites that are taking them, there is a listing of these websites here. I am a firm believer that every little bit counts, no matter how small or how big. My heart goes out to all those who are suffering in Japan and I pray that they will have the strength to see this catastrophe through and rebuild what they have lost.

One of my favorite Jewish quotes is, "he who saves one life, it is considered as if he saved an entire world". The quote emphasizes the value of each individual human life, by donating to Japan who knows what or how many lives you'll be helping to save.

No comments:

Post a Comment